Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Wharton is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Faust Air Conditioning and Heating consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Faust Air Conditioning and Heating in Wharton at 979-323-6130 today.