Having regular air conditioning service done at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Wharton season, have the specialists at Faust Air Conditioning and Heating complete your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illegally discharging it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We recommend checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Faust Air Conditioning and Heating today at 979-323-6130.