During the cold Wharton months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Faust Air Conditioning and Heating will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Faust Air Conditioning and Heating right away if you see any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Faust Air Conditioning and Heating can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Faust Air Conditioning and Heating at 979-323-6130 or book an appointment with us online.