When it’s frigid in Wharton you depend on your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system seems to be working well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can block air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Faust Air Conditioning and Heating.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You may have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you raised the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few particular problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your electric bill keeps increasing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps growing. This could signal several different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, stop your furnace at once and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC professionals to remedy.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The pros at Faust Air Conditioning and Heating will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.