According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts must be cleaned every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you tell if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signs that you should keep in mind.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less adequate airflow than others?
2. Can you hear something other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there anything blocking your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, is there a buildup of debris or fuzz from your pet’s hair?
5. Have bugs or rodents fashioned a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to contact Faust Air Conditioning and Heating in Wharton about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are things you can do to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional visits.
Most importantly, schedule periodic HVAC maintenance with the pros at Faust Air Conditioning and Heating. A yearly evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Examining your system often and replacing the air filter when needed will also help keep your ducts clear.
Additional ways you can help maintain your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dirt in from areas such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and put in new filters when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your house.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in unsatisfactory or moist condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Wharton home is clean. Be sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at Faust Air Conditioning and Heating at 979-323-6130 or arrange an appointment online.