As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature starts to drop, we’re faced with the approaching decision of when to flip on the heat. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months swiftly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when you need to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few seconds and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a shout at 979-323-6130 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t waver in giving Faust Air Conditioning and Heating in Wharton a call at 979-323-6130. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.