Whether you appreciate winter or prefer the warmer months in Wharton, a lot of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a big impact on your utility costs, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your space warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at the end of the day, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it needs to be changed. We recommend at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Install a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a convenient way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can arrange temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have an acceptable amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring qualified technicians to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if neglected.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. An expert at Faust Air Conditioning and Heating can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means a longer life for your HVAC system.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide insight on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Faust Air Conditioning and Heating in Wharton a call to begin. Contact our team at 979-323-6130 or arrange an appointment with us online.