Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Wharton during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Faust Air Conditioning and Heating will always be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks accurate, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Faust Air Conditioning and Heating at 979-323-6130 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.